Dum spiro, spero. (While I breathe, I hope.)

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Feaster!

Okay! It's time! Let's talk about food!!

Lately, in my hours of 'free time' at work, I have been immersed in the 'blogosphere'! Sounds so futuristic, doesn't it? Most of the blogs I follow are about food, of course, so I'm finding lots of inspirations for the upcoming weekends. I wish I could just bake and try new things all day.

Side note: I would like to mention, I have debated starting a food blog because I want to be sensitive to, and aware of the starvation and struggle of a lot of people in this world, in my neighborhood... I don't intend to be disrespectful of that, I simply want to talk about what interests me, and what I'm passionate about...

This weekend is one of my favorite holidays : Easter, we have lots of reasons to celebrate! This year, 4/4 commemorates one year that my husband Eric and I have been home owners! Our house was a foreclosure when we bought it, and it has had so many changes and improvements over the last year. I am really happy with our house, it's the perfect retreat when I get home from downtown, and I always enjoy being home. I look forward to this Spring, getting new windows (hopefully!) and screen doors on the front and back so we can enjoy the breeze and sunshine.

To celebrate this weekend, we will be making our traditional Easter Ham, which Eric likes to marinate with Dr. Pepper (never tried it? Oh you should...)

From Casa de Valderrama


Though last week, my attempt to make ciabatta was an epic fail, I think I'll try to make challah from this recipe at How to Eat a Cupcake. I also like the recipe posted for Limoncello bread pudding, yum!! However, in continuation of my cheesecake phase,(and because I have the ingredients already), I think it's time for a peanut butter cheesecake... with chocolate sauce of course... Pork and cheesecake, Hamm and Bublé , I think we'll be all right!

now taking suggestions for sides... and hoping for a beautiful sunny Sunday!
Happy Easter!

The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances. ~ Robert Flatt

0 comments:


Get a playlist!