Dum spiro, spero. (While I breathe, I hope.)

Monday, April 19, 2010

How sweet it is!


God is so good! My prayers for a new job have been answered and I have landed a great opportunity as the Store Manager a bake shop in Oak Park, Ill, just a few miles from our house. After two hours of commuting every day, I will be happy to have a ten minute commute.

In my time at the consulting company, I've learned a lot about myself. I finished two years of therapy, planned my wedding, purchased a house and other big things while working there. I am so glad I won't be growing my 'secretary ass' any more while I sit. and sit. and sit. and sit. and do nothing. I feel like all the pieces are falling into place, and I am so grateful for this opportunity, and I often can't believe it's really happening.

I'll be happy to be back in the world of Hospitality and Food Service. I love being able to connect with people over food, and I know that my enthusiasm and passion, especially for sweets, will take me places. The training days kicked my butt, and standing up all day again will take some getting used to, but I'm ready for the challenges.

The bakery where I'll be working is on the rise, becoming more popular and famous by the day. They have a TV show or two being filmed there this month, (though I may not be on TV), they are organic and 'conscious' of their contribution on the environment, and they're just cool people. I can't wait to get started for sure! I know that it will be hard work, but I know that I can do it!

I'm trusting in God to continue to direct my feet in this journey, and to help me over come any doubts or fears I may have. My first official day is tomorrow, Tues 4/20, and I look forward to the future!

1 comments:

Alma Zulema said...

Oh, Ali, how wonderful! That sounds like the ideal job for you! I know you will do well on your first day on the job. I will certainly keep you in my prayers. Best of luck to you, friend!


Get a playlist!